NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND INSTANT-WIN GAME (DEFINED BELOW) ARE ONLY OPEN TO legal residentS of, and currently residing WITHin the FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("d.c.") WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY/GAME PLAY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND INSTANT-WIN GAME IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. PLEASE SEE SECTION 4 BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING THE INSTANT-WIN GAME.
This Sweepstakes and Instant-win Game are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your personal information to Irving Tissue Corporation ("Sponsor") and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes and/or Instant-win Game should be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Inc.
1. Promotion Period : SCOTTIES Family Field Trip Sweepstakes and Instant-win Game (collectively, the "Promotion") begins on July 10, 2013 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and ends on August 28, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (the "Promotion Period").
2. Eligibility : Promotion is open to legal residents of and currently residing within, the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Irving Tissue Corporation ("Sponsor"), Match Drive, Promotion Activators, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Promotion, and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or partake in a prize. Void where prohibited. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
3. How to Enter the Sweepstakes : During the Promotion Period, go to the Scotties Facial Tissue page on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/ScottiesLikeNoOther), click on the Promotion App, and follow the instruction to enter the Sweepstakes. There are two (2) options for entering the Sweepstakes:
(1) Click on the 'FUN LANE' to register for the Sweepstakes and play a short game (see Section 4 below). Upon completion of the game and registration, you will receive one (1) entry plus one (1) bonus entry into the Sweepstakes for that day. Correct answer to the game question is not required to receive bonus entry.
(2) Click on the 'FAST LANE' to register for the Sweepstakes, skip the game, and receive one (1) entry for that day.
LIMIT: Up to two (2) Sweepstakes entries (if bonus entry is received) per person and per email address per day. A "day" is defined as commencing at 12:00:00 a.m. EDT and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be judged void. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 28, 2013 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing.
4. How to Play the Instant-win Game : During the Promotion Period, go to the Scotties Facial Tissue page on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/ScottiesLikeNoOther ), click on the Promotion App, select the "Fun Lane" option. After completing the Fun Lane registration and following the on-screen instructions to complete a game play ("Game Play"), you will be instantly notified if you are a potential winner of a $50 VISA Gift Card ("Game Prize").
There will be two (2) Game Prizes available to be won each day of the Promotion Period. Game Prizes will be randomly time-seeded (each, a "Winning Time"), and if you are the first person to play on or after a Winning Time, you are a potential winner of a Game Prize, subject to verification and your compliance with these Official Rules. If you are a potential winner, you will receive an on-screen message that states you are a potential winner and an email will be sent with redemption instructions that the potential winner must follow to claim the prize. If you receive a message that states "Sorry. You are not a winner," or any other message, or do not receive a message, you have not won a prize. Correct answer to game question is not required to be eligible to win an Instant-win prize. LIMIT: one (1) Game Play per person/Facebook account per day. Potential winning Game Plays are subject to verification by sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A "screen shot" is not proof or evidence of a winning Game Play. A participant is not a winner of any prize, even if so notified, unless and until said participant's eligibility and the potential winning play has been verified and said participant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any Game Play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective game play, is void, and will not be honored. Sweepstakes/Game: In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry or Game Play, the person associated with the Facebook account will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not verify receipt of Sweepstakes entries. Sweepstakes entries or Game Plays that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry/game play process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules will be void. Multiple entrants/game participants are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. Any attempt by any entrant/game participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries/plays and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification.
5. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value: Sweepstakes Prize: One (1) Grand Prize : Winner will receive a choice of a trip for themselves and up to four (4) guests for five (5) days/four (4) nights to one (1) of the following destinations: New York, NY, Grand Canyon, AZ, Washington, D.C., Orlando, FL, or New England (defined as Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, or Rhode Island) ("Prize Trip"). Prize Trip includes: (i) round-trip economy air transportation from major airport nearest winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor) to chosen destination for winner and up to four (4) guests; (ii) mini-van rental for five (5) days (excluding insurance); (iii) standard hotel accommodations for five (5) days and four (4) nights (2 double occupancy rooms or 1 triple occupancy room) (room rate and tax only); (iv) $500 spending cash awarded in the form of a check made out to winner; and (v) tours, park passes and/or excursions for five people for 4 days (subject to trip destination chosen, and as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10,000. Actual value may vary based on point of departure, destination and dates of travel. Sponsor's maximum total amount to be awarded for the Grand Prize shall not exceed $10,000. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of trip destination, Sponsor reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice, at least twenty one (21) days prior to travel. Car rental subject to winner and/or trip participant holding a valid driver's license and qualifying as an eligible driver under applicable car rental company policy (including being age 25 or older) and any other rental car company terms and conditions. Car rental does not include gas, tolls, parking fees, collision waiver insurance, or any other insurance or other fees not stated herein and car rental is subject to car rental company terms and conditions. Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. It is recommended that the winner and his/her travel guests obtain sufficient personal insurance, including trip cancellation and car insurance, prior to departure; Sponsors expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for securing such insurance. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Released Parties (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Winner and guest(s) agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize.
Guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless a guest is a child or legal ward of the winner. Winner and guest(s) must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If a guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. By participating and accepting the Grand Prize, winner represents that he/she understands that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Winner and his/her guest(s) represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Air transportation and hotel accommodations are subject to availability. All other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not stated in the prize description above as being provided including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, insurance, luggage fees, meals and beverages, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, will be the sole responsibility of the winner. In the event Sponsor is unable to provide any portion of the trip for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided for that portion of the prize; however, the remainder of the prize package will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Travel must be taken by October 14, 2014 or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. One Hundred (100) Game Prizes: Each Game Prize winner will receive one (1) $50 VISA Gift Card (ARV: $50 each). Gift cards subject to terms and conditions set forth by issuer. ARV: $50.00 each. For all prizes: Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use. No other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value if prize cannot be awarded as stated. Sponsors will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of Sponsors' and/or Promoters' jurisdiction and winner's jurisdiction. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Prizes that are not properly claimed or forfeited for any other reason will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes: $15,000.
6. Drawing/Odds of Winning : A random drawing to select potential Sweepstakes winner will be conducted by Promotion Activators, Inc., ("Administrator"), an independent judging agency, whose decisions are final and binding, on or about, September 14, 2013, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning a Game Prize depend on the number of entries received for the Game and the time at which a particular participant submits a Game Play. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Promotion.
7. Winner Confirmation & Release Forms : You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize winner (and, if a minor in his/her jurisdiction, their parent or legal guardian) will be notified by telephone and/or overnight mail on or about September 14, 2013 and required to sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the "Affidavit"), within fourteen (14) days of date of notification. If winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the prize may be awarded in the name of winner's parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein, and will be required to accompany such winner on the trip as his/her guest, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of prize, at Sponsor's sole discretion, and random selection of alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Game Prize winners will receive prize within 6-8 weeks. If prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner selected.
8. General: By participating, participants (a) agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters; (b) consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names, cities and states of residence, photograph, voice and/or other likenesses and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless, Sponsor, Match Drive, Promotion Activators, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other individuals engaged in any way in the development, production, printing, distribution or execution of this Promotion, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Promotion, and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the prize, including as set out in the Limitations of Liability section. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Promotion or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Promotion Website; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, the independent judging organization, Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives. If Sponsor or independent judging organization suspects that an entrant has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the entrant will be contacted as soon as practicable. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE PROMOTIONS. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
9. Limitation of Liability: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility and the entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant's participation or attempted participation in the Promotion or prize, including, without limitation, the administration of the Promotion, the selection and confirmation of winners, and the arranging, awarding and use of the prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete entries, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in anyway related to the awarded prize or the Promotion itself; (iv) failure of the website or any operations or transmission of information during the Promotion Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Promotion, all of which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Promotion; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Promotion-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Promotion howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging, awarding or use of the Prize; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to computer programming, production, technical, seeding or any other error, more Game
Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded, the intended number of Game Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and
validated prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of Game or Sweepstakes Prizes in this Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Promotion (or portion thereof), or to amend the Official Rules, at
any time, in any way, and without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Promotion is not capable
of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or
affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Promotion. In the event of
termination, Sponsor may conduct the drawing at random from among all eligible, non-suspect Promotion entries received up to time of such action for this
Promotion. In the event of any such termination or suspension, a notice may be posted on www.scottiesfacial.com.
Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court located in Middlesex County, Massachusetts; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Sponsors and Promoters in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
10. Winner List: For a list of winners (available after September 30, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by December 30, 2013 to: SCOTTIES Family Field Trip Winners List Request, 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053.
11. Sponsor: Irving Tissue Corporation, 25 Mall Rd. 6th Floor Burlington, MA 01803.
12. Judge/Administrator: Promotion Activators, Inc., 6240 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053.
13. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. By entering this Promotion you consent and agree to Sponsor's collection and use of your information to administer this Promotion. If you consented on the entry form, Sponsor may also use your information to contact you regarding this Promotion or to promote with marketing communications (for example, emails containing coupons, product information or future promotional information). Your consent to Sponsor's use of your information for marketing purposes may be revoked at any time (without revoking your participation in the Promotion or impairing your chances of winning) by clicking on the 'Update Your Account' feature at www.scottiesfacial.com and opting out.
14. RULES GOVERN . In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials, including, but not limited to, the Promotion entry form(s), the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.